Sonntag, 29. März 2009

New Aperture Issue


I am always thrilled to get my new issue of Aperture Magazine in the post. Yesterday it arrived.

For me it is the best photography magazine, concerning content, printing and layout.


I particularly enjoyed Sally Mann's new photography series with close up portraits of her husband. She is mainly known for the romantic black and white photos she took of her kids.


The article about Jiang Jian's photos he took during and after the Cultural Revolution in rural China is also very interesting. The photos are compared to the classic Walker's Evans photos from the depression era in rural America.



For more information take a look at the aperture website.

1 Kommentar:

  1. I agrree, too bad it's only a quarterly!
    Unfortunately, there are not many really good mags on photography.

    AntwortenLöschen