Sonntag, 29. März 2009

New Acquisitions

Joanne Berry: Pompeji

It has always been fascinating for me how antique culture is preserved in the ruins of Pompeij.
I have just run over the pages. It seems to be a very accurate description of the life and art in antique Pompeji. It is abundantly illustrated with photos, charts and drawings.
It made me dream of a trip to the gulf of Naples to visit the place as soon as possible.


Lucian Freud: Paintings
with an essay by Robert Hughes

The book is described on the website where I ordered it as a comprehensive overview of Lucian Freud's body of work. In view of that I expected more images. Some of his main works are missing and many are only show in detail or in black and white. The book still is worth its moderate price.

Photobucket

2 Kommentare:

  1. The Pompeji appears to be quite comprehensive, and it's true: we need to visit Naples some time soon.

    I'm not much acquainted with Lucian Freud's work, but her unusual portiat of Kate Moss does come to my mind.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Unusual, did you mean unusually ugly?;-)

    AntwortenLöschen